In this blog, we will explore a Mutton handi delicious recipe by kitchen with Zainab’s Baba a traditional Pakistani and Indian dish that is enjoyed by many. The dish is made by cooking mutton (goat meat) in a handi, which is a clay pot that is commonly used in South Asian cuisine. The dish is typically made with a variety of spices and is slow-cooked to perfection, resulting in tender and flavorful meat.
1 kg mutton, cut into small pieces
2 onions, finely chopped
4 tomatoes, finely chopped
2 cups yogurt
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp ghee or oil
Salt to taste
Fresh cilantro for garnish
Heat ghee or oil in a handi or a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until they become soft and pulpy. Add the mutton pieces and stir well to coat the meat with the onion and tomato mixture.
Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt. Stir well to combine.
Add the yogurt and stir well.
Reduce the heat to low and cover the handi with a lid. Cook the mutton for 1-2 hours or until the meat is tender and cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Once the mutton is cooked, adjust the seasoning to taste and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve the mutton handi with rice or naan bread. This recipe for mutton handi is a traditional and delicious dish that is sure to please your taste buds. The combination of spices and slow-cooking methods results in tender and flavorful meat that is perfect for any occasion. The recipe is also very easy to follow and can be made with ingredients that are readily available at any grocery store.
This recipe is from the kitchen of Zainab’s Baba, who is well-known for his traditional Pakistani and Indian dishes. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in South Asian cuisine and has shared this recipe with us so that we can enjoy the taste of mutton handi in the comfort of our own homes.
Conclusion Mutton handi is a delicious and traditional dish that is enjoyed by many. It’s a perfect dish for special occasions and family gatherings. The recipe shared by Zainab’s Baba is easy to follow and yields delicious results every time. Give this recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed.
How do you marinate mutton before Cooking?
To marinate mutton, you will need a marinade made up of acidic ingredients such as lemon juice or vinegar, and flavorful ingredients such as spices, herbs, and aromatics.
- Place the mutton in a large resealable bag or a non-reactive container.
- Pour the marinade over the meat, making sure that it is well coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Before cooking, remove the mutton from the marinade and pat it dry.
Note: Before marinating and cooking mutton, it is important to make sure that it has been properly stored and handled to avoid any food-borne illness.
How do you boil mutton before Cooking?
To boil mutton before cooking, follow these steps:
- Start by cutting the mutton into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Place the mutton in a large pot and add enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let the mutton simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until it is fully cooked and tender.
- Remove the mutton from the pot and drain any excess water.
- The mutton is now ready to be used in your recipe of choice.
Note: Boiling the mutton before cooking makes it more tender and flavorful, but it also removes some of the fat, which can affect the taste and texture of the final dish.